Just a little post for you inform that the DCPROMO.exe command is not available in Windows 8 Server « Beta »:
AD DS can be installed in Windows Server “8” Beta by using the Add Roles Wizard in Server Manager, followed by the Active Directory Domain Services Configuration Wizard, which is new beginning in Windows Server “8” Beta. The Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard (dcpromo.exe) is deprecated beginning in Windows Server “8” Beta.
See this copy screen under:
- Option DCPROMO.exe command move to Server Manager and you have a link to Microsoft Technet Website.
- In the Server Manager, click Manage and click Add Roles and Features to start the Add Roles Wizard.
- On the Before you begin page, click Next.
- On the Select installation type page, click Role-based or feature-based installation and then click Next.
- On the Select destination server page, click Select a server from the server pool, click the name of the server where you want to install AD DS and then click Next.To select remote servers, first create a server group and add the remote servers to it.
- On the Select server roles page, click Active Directory Domain Services, then on the Add Roles and Features Wizard dialog box, click Add Features, and then click Next.
- On the Select features page, select any additional features you want to install and click Next.
- On the Active Directory Domain Services page, review the information and then click Next.
- On the Confirm installation selections page, click Install.
- On the Results page, verify Installation succeeded, and click Promote this server to a domain controller to start the Active Directory Domain Services Configuration Wizard
For Promote this server to a domain controller, click this >
And follow the actions
You can instal AD DS by Using Windows PowerShell
For see the explainations in detail, it’s under:
For download Windows 8 Server « Beta », click HERE