How to install (update) Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) for Windows 7 SP1 on Windows Server (existing WAIK installation)
Just a little post for you explain How to install (update) WAIK for Windows 7 SP1.
What’s Windows Automated Installation Kit?
Windows® Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 3.1 is being released as an Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) supplement for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Windows PE 3.1 includes all optional components and language packs. You can apply these optional components and language packs to customize the boot.wim and winre.wim images that are part of the Windows 7 SP1 installation media.
First step, download the WAIK for Windows SP1 (waik_supplement_fr-fr.iso) HERE
In second step decompress or mount the iso files and replace all folders and files (see the copy screen, click on the picture):
Use this command for install:
xcopy G:\ « C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools » /ERDY
where G:\ is the root directory of the ISO image.
This supplement is optional. If you do not need to modify the SP1 boot.wim and winre.wim files, you can continue to use the Windows 7 RTM tools, including WinPE 3.0, without installing this supplement. You can obtain the Windows® Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) that was released with Windows 7 RTM here.
[Reminder] Migration XP SP3 to Windows 7 and others scenario (POC – Proof of Concept Jumpstart Kit v2.0) available!!! (Free tool) !!!
If you are interested by migrate Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7, you have a lot of tool available in a virtual machine for test and for POC demonstration.
What’s in this pack?
• Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) – A tool to assess your hardware readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) – A tool to assess your software readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM) – A tool to assess and upgrade Office versions and files.
• Microsoft Office Environment Assessment Tool (OEAT) – A tool to assess Office add-ins.
• Microsoft Office Code Compatibility Inspector (OCCI) – A tool guide remediation of Office VBA code.
• Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) – A tool guide management and customization of group policy settings
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – A tool to create, configure, and deploy custom images, applications, and components.
• Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial image – This evaluation edition forms the base image for deployment on client computers.
• Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 – Evaluation version – both MSI and App-V sequenced package.
• Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 – Evaluation version.
• Microsoft Project Professional 2010 – Evaluation version.
• Office 2010 with Application Virtualization – This system is deployed virtually to streamline and centralize operations.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Edition – This database system is used to store tool results.
Example of Poc content demonstration based on the 1.2 version…:
Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9 available for create Internet Explorer 9 Package and deploy with SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012!!!
Cool, a new tool is available for Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) .
What’s this tool:
The Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) 9 simplifies the creation, deployment and management of customized Internet Explorer 9 packages. IEAK 9 can be used to configure the out-of-box Internet Explorer 9 experience or to manage user settings after Internet Explorer 9 deployment.
For download the Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9 click HERE